Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shinies Pocket Diapers

I came across some diapers on eBay that were SUPER cheap and I thought they were too good to be true..but I ordered a set out of curiosity :) They adjust the rise w/little zippers instead of snaps, the zipper can get stuck sometimes but just needs some wiggling. The fit on the largest rise with the velcro wings almost touching fits my 21m old son perfect so they would need some alteration to fit a newborn because there is no overlapping Velcro spots. I converted one diaper to snaps and its holding up wonderfully! The inserts that come with these diapers are useless so I use bumGenius one-size inserts instead because they are my favorite micro fiber inserts so far! I also use Hemp babies inserts (used in pics below) and they work great also! The PUL on these diapers is a bit stretchy than my other PUL diapers but it has not seperated after tons of washes so far! One of them has a slight BM stain in the inner fleece but im sure it will sun out just fine. The only thing that might bug you on these diapers is that the pocket opening is not elastic on the inner material so it just gaps, but folding the fleece over the insert solves this problem for me. I would overall recomend these diapers as they are a great way to expand your stash. PICS of my 20m old 24lb son in some w/a hemp bigger babies trifold not folded very smoothly haha:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And my 40lb DD (3 years old) in the same diaper w/BG insert (i think..haha)
Photobucket
Photobucket
shinies OS pocket
(these are the orange color)

No comments:

Post a Comment