Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Wallet=Camo, Day pack=Black Yellow.
I have to start out by saying I love both of these products! The wipes dispenser is awesome and I wish every diaper bag in the world had one! In my fantasy of diaper bags MRH and Ju-ju-be would merge haha. I tested the MRH products with cloth diapers and disposables, and regular wipes and cloth wipes. I could comfortable fit 2 regular one sized cloth diapers in the wallet and the day pack. and approx. 6 diapers in them w/a tiny amount of space for another little item like a BG wetbag. I pretty much did a photo review because I like to see things in picutures..but feel free to email me any questions!!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
But if u make sure you have the diaper on the correct rise setting that wont happen!!
Here are some more pics of my son in the diaper on the correct settings!:
for me this link is not working but if u want her email address for an order feel free to contact me if the link is not working for you!
I was so excited for these diapers to come in the mail! On first glance when they showed up they looked wonderfully made (and the blue color on one was sooo pretty! and different from BG colors so I was glad) and all the snaps worked perfect! I was pleasantly surprised to have my first pocket diaper w/an opening in the front, and an opening in the back! This was really helpful for adding just a small doubler for my sons "wet zone". The inserts that came with these diapers look about identical to the newborn and one-size microfiber inserts that come w/BG diapers, but the one size insert has yellowish snaps, so at least I can tell them apart, and the sweet pea insert is 2" shorter than the BG so its perfect because I always feel the BG are a bit too long. These diapers have a GREAT fit for my 24ish lb 22m old DS. The snaps are easy to use. I dont need to use the rise adjustment but I played around with it and the diaper gets nice and small for a young baby and still looks trim enough to use under clothes! I did have some leaking around the legs when I first started testing but that resolved with washing the inserts in hot water a few more times. The inner fabric of these diapers are fleece and I love that my sons bottom is dryer when I take off the diaper compared to some other brands. I have used these diapers overnight w/a joey bunz hemp insert on top of the regular, and a zorb doubler in his wet zone (use this combo for all overnights in any diaper)..my son is a SUPER soaker and in the morning he will only have a tad bit of wetness on the outside of the diaper on the side he was laying on...but this happens with ANY diaper because my son could put the fire department out of buisness with his super soaker self! And he is a boy so it dosnt help that he pees in only on direction! This diaper also dosnt leave red marks on his thighs so I love that! And I have never had a BM blowout either! All in All i would reccomend these diapers because they work great and the price is just as great!!! I tested 2 versions of this diaper and from my testing I cant find any difference in them so whatever except for the snap locations.. Any version you order/have you should be happy! From an e-mail from the creator: The black one is the newer one except it now has the tabs and snaps of the blue. And she told me in another email that the newer ones have sandwich PUL :)
***I have also used this diaper w/out an insert or just w/the infant insert as a trainer for my 40lb 3 year old DD and it works great!
***The only thing that I had an issue w/this diaper was that it takes a couple seconds to get the inserts to lay flat in the pocket because the crotch is a bit more narrow than what Im used to..so this is a great diaper for skinny babies as well! (also works fine on my fatty of a 3 year old!)
Below: he is hanging off my arm..thats why his tummy looks funny :)
Below: I have the diaper one snap too tight to try to keep his hands out of his diaper...
This is a tester I got off diaperswappers! or u can go to her site http://hyenacart.com/thefancypansy/
1. What was your first impression of this item? Likes/dislikes?* I thought it was HUGE!! But its just because I picked the wrong size for my 3 year old, but luckily I was in need of an overnight trainer for my 6 year old so it worked out perfectly!
2. How have you used this item
o as a soaker over a fitted, day use
o As a soaker over a fitted, overnight
o stuffed as an AIO
o stuffed for beginning PLing
o super stuffed for bed wetting
o slightly stuffed for advanced PLing
o unstuffed as undies with a bit of leak protection
X Other- I used it stuffed w/the included zorb insert for overnights for a 6 year old who dosnt always (or hardly ever haha) get up to use the bathroom at night.
3. How would you describe your child’s needs for this item? Beginning pl-ing? Occasional accidents? Bed wetting? Other?
4. What did you stuff the pocket with? (purchased insert, your own insert, etc)
* Puchased a Zorb insert to be included.
5. How was the fit, and how did the stuffing affect the fit? (Please include your child’s weight)
* It fit pretty well, Hes in the 50lbs range somewhere. I never tried it w/out stuffing it for him because we only need it for night time.
6. What did you like about this item in the function/s you used it for?
* It caught any overnight accidents/leaking and I didnt have to wash the sheets!!!
7. What would you like to see changed about this item?
* I think the product is perfect as it is but next time i might pick one w/a little bit shorter rise because he didnt like it.
8. How much would you be willing to pay for this item once it is out of the testing phase?
* around $20
9. How likely would you be to purchase this item again at regular retail price?
*Depending on cost, and how well it holds up through multiple washes :)
10. Any other comments or thoughts?
* I think its a super cute product and very well thought out! Now I just need to buy one for my daugter! (planning to do so asap! had one custom made!!!)
Here are pics of the trainer on Sage my 6 year old.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
overall I would say go ahead and test this diaper out..maybe get an EUC one on diaperswappers to see if it will work for you! there are some mamas in the Pink Room who swear by these :)
1. What weight range was your little one(s) while wearing this fitted? **My Son was 22-23lbs
2. Did you use this fitted on multiple children?
3. Did you have a print outter, or a velour outter?
On a scale of 1-10 how well would you say this tester fit? (10 being the highest)
**a 10..it fit perfect, better than any other fitted I own!
2. Did you like the snap placements for the one size? Or would you rather have sized? (small medium large etc.)
**it was fine as is! but I dont have a tiny baby so I dont know how it would fit on a newborn. ETA: but it gets so tiny I think it would be perfect from birth and up!
3. Do you think the third hip snap is necessary to avoid wing droop?
4. Did you like that the insert snapped in? Or would you have prefered that it just laid in?
**Loved the snap in!
5. Do you think I should offer a hip snap cover, or front snap cover as an option when buying a fitted?
**yes and snap covers for the rise adjustments.
6. How did it fit around your little ones legs? Was it too tight or just right?**PerfectQuality
1. What were your impressions of the sewing quality?
**Looked Proffesional to me
2. What were your impressions of the snap quality?
3. Did any of the snaps fall off or not work?
**No all were fine.
4. Do you think the sherpa fleece inside was sufficient enough, or would you have prefered another type of fabric?
**I think it needs to have something more absorbant.
1. What detergent did you wash your tester in?
2. How many times have you washed it?
**Prepped it and then probably 10x after.
3. How did you dry your fitted?
**Hang dry or dryer. (on high if w/regular laundry or on low heat if with other diapers -BG)
4. How many dry cycles did it take for it to dry? Or how long in the sun?1 dryer cycle
**2 if on LOW with a large load
5. How did your tester hold up after a few washings?
**Looks great! the inside is a little dingy but all my velour gets that way.
6. Did you see a difference in absorbancy after a few washings?
**It got a little better but the pee still goes directly thru even if its only a tiny bit. *think i needed a different outer..this one spread the pee around.
1. What other types of fitteds have you used, and what brand would you compare your tester to, if any?
**I have a motherease's, a joyful baby and thats it. I wouldnt really compare it to the joyful baby because that one is a lot thicker (blulkyer) and holds more, and the motherease I've only used 2x...so sorry on that one haha..but i reached for yours the most because of the fit.
2. How absorbant was your tester on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best?
**Im really sorry but i would have to say a 4? if my son even peed a little bit the whole front got really wet and even my pul covers had trouble because the pee wouldnt stay in the fitted it would drip down into the cover into a little pool. like i said before i think its because of the material i picked for the outer.
3. Did you use this fitted during naptime or night time? How well did it work?
**it worked ok but couldnt also hold his pee from right after he woke up.
4. Did you ever use this on your little one with out a cover? If so, how well did it work without a cover?
**I did but i would have to change him after about 15min because the outside would get so wet even from just a tiny amount of pee.
5. What kind of cover did you use while using this tester? (Wool, PUL, Pocket, etc.)
**PUL and fleece. (worked best w/fleece)
6. What other types of one-size diapers have you used in the past if any?**BumGenius, another tester, 2 that i dont have a brand tag on any more, and i think thats it...
7. How much do you think would be a fair retail price for these fitteds?**10-12 dollars more if u add another layer in the front for boys!
8. Do you prefer knit print outter fitteds, or velour outter fitteds?
**I think if i had had the velour it would have been a lot more absorbant and not felt so wet on the outside. I would be interested in testing a velour one to test my theory
9. How many days did your fitted take to get to you in the mail?
**sorry i dont remember! but it was normal time.
10. Do you think I should offer custom slots for fitteds once I stock on my hyena cart?**Sure
11. Any other comments or suggestions?
**if you could add a few layers of something in the crotch section i think it would be a lot more absorbant for a boy!! let me know if u add more absorbancy I would love to test one again because this is the fitted that fits my son the best!
Its been another month or so and the more I wash this fitted it gets a bit more absorbant :) I would definantly reccomend this for newborns because it gets SO TINY!! and I think it would be highly absorbant for a small baby :) My son is just a SUPER soaker haha It still fits him the best out of all his fitteds and even better than his pockets!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
I have the aqua swirl print..so pretty! and it has a snapping handle to hang off a door knob or to carry it by!
The aplix on these can get funky and curl funny so a lot of mamas convert these to snaps! here is a pic of a ratty old 2.0 version that i saved by converting to snaps and replacing the Velcro:
**you can also get Velcro replacments from cottonbabies..but i just prefer snaps :) easier to wash IMO
available at:Cotton Babies
I bought this diaper for $12 from the cotton babies seconds sale to test it out! It came to me as an aplix diaper but since it was a seconds I saw no harm in converting it to snaps!! This diaper works great and gets the job done but takes FOREVER to hang dry and 2+ dryer cycles on high (not even supposed to dry these above medium heat). They also stain easy IMO at least much easier than the pocket BGOS 3.0s that I have (fleece and suede-cloth). If you need a trusty AIO then this is a great diaper that is just trim enough to fit under a pair of jeans, but you have to be willing to wait for it to dry..that is my only complaint on this diaper :) Once it was prepped all the way I have had no leaks!!!!!! Overall I recommend if your wanting organic or AIO that is one size :) here is my still 25lb DS in mine that i converted to snaps:
I reccomend this diaper for at home use and night time use as well!!!
My DS at 21m and 25ish lbs!:
And my 40lb DD (3 years old) in the same diaper w/BG insert (i think..haha)
(these are the orange color)